NEW YORK— This September, PIX11 is bringing together the top experts in the health and wellness fields for an all-day, all-ages expo. The PIX11 Health & Wellness Expo will take place at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in Manhattan on Sept. 25 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. and will be hosted by Dr. Steve Salvatore, of the nationally syndicated program “Dr. Steve.”
Through the use of classes, demonstrations, seminars and hands-on experience, PIX11 will provide a day of information and entertainment that the whole family will enjoy.
The event will bring doctors, nutritionists, sports and fitness specialists, wellness celebrities, authors and a diverse group of experts in the areas of: Food Allergies, Breast Cancer Awareness, Diabetes Prevention and Treatment, Thyroid Disease – Detection and Care, Pregnancy Health, Men’s Fitness, Childhood Obesity Prevention, Sinus/Snoring/Sleep Apnea and GERD treatment options, Naturopathic Medicine, Vitamins as Natural Medicine, Figuring Out Fiber, Gluten-free Eating, Taking Charge of Your Health and How to Get Healthcare if You Lose Your Health Insurance.
Free fitness classes include: Cardio: The Tae Bo Way with Billy Blanks (Billy will also be speaking at a seminar and signing autographs,) V-Core and Catwalk Confidence: The Power Behind Barefoot Training with Dr. Emily Splichal, Tightan BodyBlade Workout with Jon Gallo, New Body Boot Camp with Aja Davis, Zumba Fitness® with Joanne Rossiter, Yoga, Dance classes and more!
Confirmed celebrities: Fitness superstar Billy Blanks, actress/singer/activist Sheryl Lee Ralph plus PIX11’s Dr. Steve, Jill Nicolini, Tamsen Fadal, Mr. G and more!
American Media, Inc, the leading publisher of health and fitness magazines in the U.S. will have various experts from their stable of titles on hand at the expo hosting seminars throughout the day. Magazine editors from Shape, Men’s Fitness, Natural Health and Fit Pregnancy will also be available to answer questions and share their wide range of knowledge with expo attendees. Free issues of magazines including Shape, Men’s Fitness, Natural Health and Fit Pregnancy will be distributed.
Medical experts scheduled to speak include:
- Dr. Neeta M. Shah, MD, FACP – Vice President, Women’s Health Services, North Shore-LIJ Health System,
- Dr. Scott H. Sicherer – Professor of Pediatrics, Jaffe Food Allergy Institute at Mount Sinai School of Medicine and member of the Medical Advisory Board for FAAN (The Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network)
- Dr. Peter Bongiorno and Dr. Pina LoGiudice – naturopathic doctors and licensed acupuncturists
- Dr. Anne Marie Van Hoven – endocrinologist, Saint Peter’s Thyroid and Diabetes Center
- Dr. Meena Murthy – Chief of the Division of Endocrinology, Nutrition and Metabolism at Saint Peter’s University Hospital
- Dr. Joan K. Portello – Associate Professor at the State University of New York, State College of Optometry
- Dr. Ira Kirschenbaum – Chairman, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center
- Tanya Zuckerbrot MS, RD – celebrity dietitian and creator of The F-Factor Diet
- Angelica Medina and Naomi Cunningham – Adelphi NY Statewide Breast Cancer Hotline & Support Program
- Deirdre Pizzoferrato – registered dietitian and child nutrition expert
- Amilya Antonetti – Best-selling author, founder of Soapworks, Inc., cofounder of Lucky Napkin and CEO of AmA Productions LLC.
- Nicole Hunn –author of Gluten-Free on a Shoestring
- Dr. Jordan S. Josephson – surgeon and author of Sinus Relief Now
- Dr. Richard Firshein – author of Reversing Asthma, Your Asthma-Free Child, The Nutraceutical Revolution and The Vitamin Prescription (for life)
Participating hospitals include: Saint Peter’s University Hospital, North Shore-LIJ Health System, Mount Sinai School of Medicine and Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center.
In addition, Saint Peter’s University Hospital and SUNY College of Optometry will offer complimentary health and vision screenings for attendees.
PIX11 will be taping an episode of “Dr. Steve” from the Expo floor, where attendees can be a member of the studio audience.
The PIX11 Health & Wellness Expo is open to the public ($15 in advance at www.pix11.com/expo, $20 on site – with children under 12 free.)
Visit www.pix11.com/expo for detailed information on seminars, to sign up for fitness classes and to purchase tickets.
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!