MOUNTAINSIDE — The Union County Summer Arts Festival concert series continues its 51st season of music on Wednesday evening, July 20, with a performance by “The Kootz,” purveyors of “Rock and Roll with Fiber.” The show begins at 7:30 p.m. in Echo Lake Park in Mountainside.
The Kootz have a passion for classic rock, pop hits, soul and blues. Members of the group have played music together since 1993, but The Kootz really came together in 2001 when North Caldwell’s Glenn Taylor assembled his Essex and Union County friends into a band that performs the songs of the baby-boomer era from the 60s and 70s. The Kootz play about 250 shows each year and you can enjoy their musical variety show when they bring their “Endless Bus Tour of New Jersey” to Echo Lake Park.
The Summer Arts Festival concerts continue throughout July and August on Wednesdays beginning at 7:30 p.m. This summer’s concerts will be held at Echo Lake Park on the Mountainside-Westfield border and at Oak Ridge Park in Clark. Lawn chairs, blankets and picnic baskets are encouraged. Refreshments and snacks will be available from vendors.
The other free concerts in the Union County Summer Arts Festival series include:
- July 27 – The Full Count Big Band (Jazz from Mountainside); at Echo Lake Park.
- August 3 – THE British Invasion Tribute (songs of the ‘60s); at Oak Ridge Park.
- August 10 – JoBonanno & the Godsons (Jersey Shore Soul); at Oak Ridge Park.
- August 17 – Almost Queen (Queen cover band); at Oak Ridge Park.
- August 24 – Parrotbeach (Jimmy Buffett cover band); at Echo Lake Park.
- August 31 – The Nerds (high energy party band); at Oak Ridge Park.
For rain information call the Union County Department of Parks and Community Renewal at 1-908-558-4079 after 3 p.m. on the day of the scheduled concert, or visit the Union County web site: www.ucnj.org
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!