MOUNTAINSIDE — The Union County Summer Arts Festival concert series begins its 51st season of music on Wednesday evening, July 6, with a performance by “American Rapture” – a 17-member Rock and Soul Revue complete with marvelous singers and plenty of brass. This free concert begins at 7:30 p.m. in Echo Lake Park in Mountainside.
American Rapture is a specialty show band featuring American popular music from the ‘50s, ‘60s and ‘70s. Formed in 1999, the group started as an annual musical theatre production for Mystic Vision Players in Linden. After a successful ten-year run, the group was transformed by band leader Tony Greco into a touring band. Nowadays, American Rapture features nine vocalists backed by an eight-piece orchestra and they play all your favorites. They’re the perfect way to kick off the Union County Summer Arts Festival concert series.
The Summer Arts Festival concerts continue throughout July and August on Wednesdays beginning at 7:30 p.m. This summer’s concerts will be held at Echo Lake Park on the Mountainside-Westfield border and at Oak Ridge Park in Clark. Lawn chairs, blankets and picnic baskets are encouraged. Refreshments and snacks will be available from vendors.
The other free concerts in the Union County Summer Arts Festival series include:
- July 13 – Tusk (Fleetwood Mac cover band); at Echo Lake Park.
- July 20 – The Kootz (good time Rock & Roll); at Echo Lake Park.
- July 27 – The Full Count Big Band (Jazz from Mountainside); at Echo Lake Park.
- August 3 – THE British Invasion Tribute (songs of the ‘60s); at Oak Ridge Park.
- August 10 – JoBonanno & the Godsons (Jersey Shore Soul); at Oak Ridge Park.
- August 17 – Almost Queen (Queen cover band); at Oak Ridge Park.
- August 24 – Parrotbeach (Jimmy Buffett cover band); at Echo Lake Park.
- August 31 – The Nerds (high energy party band); at Oak Ridge Park.
For rain information call the Union County Department of Parks and Community Renewal at 1-908- 558-4079 after 3 p.m. on the day of the scheduled concert, or visit the Union County web site: www.ucnj.org
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!