United Way Joins PGA’s TICKETS Fore™ CHARITY Program

ELIZABETH–United Way of Greater Union County (UWGUC) announced that they will be offering discount tickets for this year’s The Barclay’s Classic golf tournament through the PGA’s TICKETS Fore CHARITY™ program. Deeply discounted tickets can be purchased for the tournament, scheduled for August 25-28 at the Plainfield Country Club in Edison from UWGUC.

UWGUC will be offering a $50 Weekly Grounds Ticket. This ticket offers buyer full access to the grounds for all four days of the Tournament as well as the Practice Round and Pro-Am events. That is six full days of the PGA at a savings of 50% on the regular ticket price. And purchasing tickets through UWGUC helps support its work throughout Union County. UWGUC receives 75% of the net proceeds from each ticket it sells with the remaining 25% benefits The First Tee of Metropolitan New York.


“We’re thrilled to be able to offer our community this opportunity to watch some of the finest golfers in the world in action,” said James W. Horne Jr., president and CEO of UWGUC. “More than that, people know they’re enjoying a one-of-a-kind sporting event while helping support the work of United Way in the local community.”

The Barclays has been a part of the PGA TOUR schedule since 1967 when Jack Nicklaus won the inaugural event at Westchester Country Club. Since that time, some of the greatest players in the game have earned the title including World Golf Hall of Famers Arnold Palmer, Johnny Miller, Raymond Floyd, Seve Ballesteros, Hale Irwin and Curtis Strange. Many of the world’s current top players have also won the event, including two-time champions Ernie Els and Sergio Garcia, and four-time champion Vijay Singh. As the first of four playoff events, The Barclays plays a leading role in the FedExCup, the season-long competition that is the centerpiece of the PGA TOUR season.

To purchase tickets for The Barclays from UWGUC, call 1-908-353-7171 x100 or visit www.brownpapertickets.com/event/179290.

Connect with NJTODAY.NET

Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!
Email ads@njtoday.net for advertising information Send stuff to NJTODAY.NET Like Us On Facebook Follow Us On Twitter Download this week's issue of NJTODAY.NET
Print Friendly, PDF & Email