EDISON–The Edison Chamber of Commerce will honor several of Edison’s unsung heroes and companies for their civic and corporate citizenship and achievements at the 12th Distinguished Accomplishment Awards.
The seven ‘People of Distinction’, recognized for their accomplishments and exemplary efforts that made a difference for the Township of Edison, will be presented with the awards at the annual awards and general membership meeting dinner on June 14 at the Sheraton Edison, Raritan Center. The community was invited to nominate people, businesses and organizations.
The 2011 award recipients are:
- Outstanding Businesses – Heller Industrial Parks, Gerrus Maintenance and Cosmetic Essence Manufacturer
- Outstanding Organization – Edison Branch, YMCA – Metuchen, Edison, Woodbridge and South Amboy
- Outstanding Entrepreneur –Brian Legg, Creative Design Plus
- Outstanding Educator –Jennifer Teffenhart-Blevins, Edison High School
- Citizen of the Year –Joe Coyle, Edison and Clara Barton Amboy Avenue Advocate
- Chamber Member of the Year –Joe Cascio, General Manager, NJ Convention Center & Expo Center/Summit Associates
- Annamae Baerenbach Business Scholarship Award – Shawn Zwoner, 2011 Engineering Science Graduate, Middlesex County College
The dinner event will start with a cocktail reception at 5:30 p.m. when people can personally congratulate the recipients and network with other guests. The dinner program starts at 6:30 p.m. The chamber officers and new board members will be inducted by Mayor Toni Ricigliano at the end of the program.
Funds from this event augment the Edison Chamber of Commerce budget and support the Middlesex County College Foundation. For more information, contact the Edison Chamber of Commerce, 1-732-738-9482 or email@example.com.
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!