UTICA, N.Y. – Almost half of U.S. adults planned to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, according to a recent poll by IPOBE Zogby. One in three will wear something green today in honor of the patron saint of Ireland.
According to the poll,
- 42% of U.S. adults will celebrate St. Patrick’s Day
- 33% will wear something green
- 18% will eat something Irish
- 12% will drink something Irish and
- 9% will go to an Irish pub.
Though only 12 percent have visited Ireland, 28 percent plan to go and 79 percent have a favorable opinion of the country.
The IPOBE Zogby interactive poll of 2,097 U.S. adults was conducted between March 2-4 and has a margin of error of +/-2.2 percent.
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!