NEWARK — Customers seeking the NJ Transit service information can now access rail, bus and light rail updates through Twitter.
On Wednesday, NJ Transit Executive Director James Weinstein announced that the agency has integrated its My Transit alert system with the popular social media site.
“The technology behind NJ Transit’s My Transit alert system enables us to transmit alerts and advisories across a multitude of communication channels simultaneously—including through the website, mobile devices, digital screens, interactive voice response systems and RSS feeds,” said Weinstein. “By integrating this system with Twitter, we are providing our customers with yet another platform for easy access to up-to-the-minute service information.”
The My Transit alert system, which launched in June 2001, delivers travel information to customers via cell phone, handheld wireless device or email inbox. Through My Transit, customers are advised of delays, service disruptions, schedule changes and more.
NJ TRANSIT has launched 13 My Transit alert “feeds” on Twitter, which provides an advanced tool for using these streams of information. The feeds include one for each of NJ Transit’s rail and light rail lines and two feeds for bus service (Northern and Southern routes).
Through Twitter feeds, customers will now be able to access the same content they would receive if they were signed up for My Transit alerts. Whenever a My Transit alert or advisory is sent out, new tweets will be automatically generated in the Twitter feed, providing a continually updated stream of all the service updates that pertain to the line being followed.
To tap into My Transit content without going through a sign-up process, customers can choose to follow any of the feeds below:
* Northeast Corridor: @NJTRANSIT_NEC
* North Jersey Coast Line: @NJTRANSIT_NJCL
* Raritan Valley Line: @NJTRANSIT_RVL
* Pascack Valley Line: @NJTRANSIT_PVL
* Main/Bergen/Port Jervis Lines: @NJTRANSIT_MBPJ
* Morris & Essex Lines: @NJTRANSIT_ME
* Montclair-Boonton Line: @NJTRANSIT_MOBO
* Atlantic City Rail Line: @NJTRANSIT_ACRL
* Hudson-Bergen Light Rail: @NJTRANSIT_HBLR
* Newark Light Rail: @NJTRANSIT_NLR
* River Line: @NJTRANSIT_RL
* Northern Bus Routes: @NJTRANSIT_NBUS
* Southern Bus Routes: @NJTRANSIT_SBUS
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!