ELIZABETH–Community Access Unlimited will host its 27th Annual Awards Night Celebration on Wednesday, April 13, at L’Affaire in Mountainside. The non-profit social services agency provides assistance to people with disabilities and at-risk youth.
Community Access Unlimited will honor staff, members, community organizations, and individuals within the community that have supported programs during the past year at the celebration.
Those to be honored include:
- Kiana Lawhorn, vice principal at Independence High School in Irvington will receive the Educator of the Year Award.
- Bridgeway Rehabilitation Services will receive the Distinguished Community Service Award.
- Gale Young-Jackmin of the Division of Developmental Disabilities will receive the Distinguished Service Award.
- Dr. Muyiwa Akin Okuribido, DPM of Hillside will receive the Health Care Professional of the Year Award.
- Renee Davidson of the NJ Division of Disability Services will receive the Distinguished Social Service Award.
- Donna Kennedy of CASA of Union County will receive the Youth Advocate of the Year Award.
- Frank Guzzo of the Department of Human Services will receive the Community Partnership Award.
- Susan Ucci of the Elizabeth HOME Improvement Program will receive the Supportive Housing Service Award.
The dinner is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. followed by the awards presentation at 7:30 p.m. To purchase tickets, contact Katie Baird, coordinator of marketing/fundraising at 1-908-354-3040 ext. 376.
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!