EDISON — The Edison Chamber of Commerce is canvassing the community for outstanding people, organizations, and businesses for the Annual Edison Awards.
The awards are given for exemplary volunteer efforts demonstrating vision, leadership and citizenship for service that positively impact the welfare of the greater Edison community. Nominees should be accomplished in successful achievements that benefited the Edison Township.
Nominees must be aware of the nomination and attend the awards dinner event. Nominees will be interviewed by a member of the Edison Chamber of Commerce Selection Committee. Previous award recipients may be re-nominated, however for merits in more recent accomplishments or different disciplines. The awards event will held in mid June.
The award categories:
- Outstanding Business of the Year-recognizes small, mid-size and large businesses for primarily business success and secondarily for community involvement. Small 1-50 employees, Mid 51-100 employees, Large 100+ employees.
- Citizen of the Year-recognizes an individual who lives or works in Edison and who has contributed significantly to the community in a civic leadership role.
- Entrepreneur of the Year-recognizes an individual entrepreneur who has contributed to the American free enterprise systems and Edison’s economy. This includes family owned and franchises businesses.
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year-recognizes an Edison high school or local college student who has operated a successful business.
- Educator of the Year-recognizes a local educator who has motivated young people to excel in their studies, citizenship and to pursue continuing education.
The Edison Chamber of Commerce will select the Chamber Member of the Year recipient. The Middlesex County College will select the Annamae Baerenbach Business Scholarship Award recipient.
You are encouraged to nominate someone. Help identify Edison’s unsung heroes, people who give unselfishly and the good of the community. Nominate successful people who demonstrate a sense of community. The nomination submission should a brief explanation of merit for the award and of outstanding accomplishments in the last few years that positively impacted the greater Edison community. Support letters and articles may be submitted along with the profile. Nominations will be reviewed and selected by the Edison Chamber Awards Committee.
The nominations should be sent to the Edison Chamber of Commerce at 336 Raritan Center Parkway, Edison, NJ 08837 or emailed to email@example.com before March 31. Visit www.EdisonChamber.com for a list of past award recipients.
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!