NEW BRUNSWICK – The New Jersey State Parent Information and Resource Center (NJPIRC), a program of Prevent Child Abuse-New Jersey, has awarded stipends to sixteen of New Jersey’s public schools to host family activities in recognition of Parent Involvement in Education Month this October.
Funds will enhance partnerships between schools and the families by fostering opportunities for parents to be more knowledgeable of, and involved in, their children’s school systems. Supported activities help create a parent-friendly school environment and facilitate effective communication between parents, students and school staff.
New Jersey public schools selected to receive this competitive award:
- Atlantic County Institute of Technology in Mays Landing
- Edith Griebling Elementary School in Farmingdale
- George Washington School in Union City
- Greater Newark Charter School in Newark
- Jefferson Elementary School in Maplewood
- Jefferson Elementary School in Plainfield
- John Adams Elementary School in North Brunswick
- John P. Faber Elementary School in Dunellen
- Lawnside Public School in Lawnside
- Lindenwold School Four in Lindenwold
- New Brunswick High School in New Brunswick
- North Brunswick High School in North Brunswick
- Rancocas Valley Regional High School in Mount Holly
- Roxbury High in Succasunna
- University Heights Charter School in Newark
- Whitehall Elementary in Williamstown
“We know that when parents believe, their kids achieve,” said Rush Russell, Executive Director of Prevent Child Abuse-New Jersey. “Research consistently demonstrates that students prosper both academically and socially when their home and school communities work together. NJPIRC is working to build these partnerships so that all students in New Jersey, particularly those in low performing districts, achieve high academic performance with strong educational outcomes.”
For more information about NJPIRC, a program of Prevent Child Abuse-New Jersey, visit www.njpric.org.
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!