EDISON– In recognition of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Menlo Park Mall is joining with other Simon Property Group malls in the NY/NJ region to Paint the Mall Pink, a grassroots program designed to highlight breast cancer awareness that will also feature pink elements throughout the mall during the month of October. Among the organizations teaming up with Simon’s Paint the Mall Pink initiative are local chapters of the Susan G. Komen for the Cure, the American Cancer Society, AtlantiCare and others.
“As part of our ongoing commitment to give back to the community, we wanted to come up with a way to address this important health issue that affects so many women,” said Menlo Park Mall and Brunswick Square Area Director of Marketing Suzy Lichter. “We believe our Paint the Mall Pink program will accomplish that by incorporating the retail environment with a variety of ‘pink-themed’ activities that will help increase the level of consciousness about breast cancer.”
Throughout the month of October, shoppers at Menlo Park Mall will notice pink décor both inside and outside the mall. Exterior poles and trees in the parking lots will be wrapped in pink ribbons, pink door clings will be on windows of mall entrances and retailers will have storefront decals identifying them as a Paint the Mall Pink participant and pink ribbon pins and book marks will be distributed at the mall’s Guest Services booth, while supplies last.
Among the events, activities and special retail offers planned for Menlo Park Mall’s Paint the Mall Pink program are:
· Menlo Park Mall’s Tree of Hope – Menlo Park Mall’s Tree of Hope will stand in the mall’s Center Court as a tribute to the families, friends and loved ones affected by breast cancer. Shoppers are encouraged to stop by and place their message on the tree. Writing a message is free; however donations will be accepted to benefit the Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
· Simon Guest Services – between October 11 through October 31, purchase two American Express® Simon Giftcards and receive a free Susan G. Komen tote bag (while supplies last)
· Susan G. Komen for the Cure – local chapter will be at the mall Saturday, October 23 and Sunday, 24 from 12-5pm offering information about breast cancer awareness. They will also have their Survivor Stories Display, a touching exhibit featuring breast cancer survivor stories.
· Swarovski – 10% of proceeds from the sale of the breast cancer awareness collection will be donated to the Libby Ross Foundation. Stop by Swarovski during the month of October and receive a crystallized pink hope button (while supplies last).
· Coldwater Creek – between October 3-20 purchase a set of pink ribbon bracelets for $5 or individual bracelets for $3 to support Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
· Aveda – limited edition hand cream for the month of October, $4.00 from each sale will be donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation
· Payless Shoe Source – all profits from sale of breast cancer awareness bracelet will be donated to Susan G. Komen for the Cure
· Loft – purchase a $25 Loft Cares Card and receive 20% off every purchase of $100 or more or receive 25% off every purchase of $100 or more when you use your Loft card. 90% of the card’s purchase price will benefit the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
· Pandora – purchase a pink ribbon dangle charm or pink leather bracelet and 10% of the retail price will be donated to Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
· Everything But Water – 10% of every transaction will be donated to charity of your choice.
· Sephora – Get Painted Pink. Receive a free makeover with a donation.
· Chick Fil A – enjoy a pink smoothie on us.
Menlo Park Mall is located on Route 1 South and Parsonage Road in Edison, New Jersey and is managed by Simon Property Group, Inc., headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!