WOODBRIDGE –Woodbridge Town Hall will host a one-day ‘Passport Satellite Office’ today from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The Middlesex County Clerk’s Office, along with the Woodbridge Township Municipal Clerk’s Office, will be accepting applications for U.S. Passports in the Council Meeting Room (First Floor), Woodbridge Municipal Building, located at 1 Main Street.
The Passport Satellite Office is a joint project by the Middlesex County Clerk’s Office and the Woodbridge Township Mayor’s Office to bring county programs and services directly to township residents. In addition to processing passport applications, the County Clerk’s Office is available to administer the Notary Public Oath of Office to persons who previously applied to the State of New Jersey to become a Notary Public and who have received approved applications from the state.
Middlesex County Clerk Elaine M. Flynn reports that passport application fees have been increased by the U.S. Department of State. The fee for an adult passport age 16 and over is $135. Payment must be made via check or money order in the amount of $110 payable to the U.S. Department of State. A separate check or money order for $25 is payable to the Middlesex County Clerk. The fee for a child’s passport (under the age of 16) is $105 (check or money order in the amount of $80 payable to U.S. Department of State and a check or money order for $25 payable to the Middlesex County Clerk.) The county execution fee has not changed. Processing time is currently six weeks. Expedited service is available for an additional $74.96 per application (plus overnight express mail stamp at a cost of $18.30). The passport is valid for ten years.
Persons applying for a Passport must present:
· Evidence of U.S. citizenship in the form of a certified birth certificate with a raised seal and a file date from the registrar of vital statistics from the state, county or municipality the applicant was born in, or a previous passport for natural born citizens. Hospital birth certificates and baptismal certificates are not acceptable. Evidence of U.S. citizenship in the form of a naturalization certificate is required for foreign-born citizens who became U.S. citizens through naturalization;
· Two identical 2″x 2″ regulation passport photos taken within the last six months. The photographs must have a light or white background and be full face forward. School photos and vending machine photos are not acceptable;
· Identification in the form of a valid driver’s license, a school photo ID, or an employment photo ID. If an applicant does not have approved identification, contact (732) 745-3404 for further information;
· All applicants must appear in person. If applying for a passport for a minor under the age of 16, both parents and the minor child must be present at time of application. The minor passport is valid for five years.
· Processing time is approximately four to six weeks. Expedited applications take two to three weeks to be processed. Additional information may be obtained by calling the Middlesex County Clerk’s Office at 1-732-745-3404.
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!