LINDEN – A convenience store on North Wood Avenue was robbed in the early-morning hours on Sunday, police said.
At 3:48 a.m. on Aug. 22, officers responded to the 7-11 to investigate a reported robbery. Two employees told police that they had been robbed by three men, including one who threatened the workers with a handgun.
One of the employees ran out of the store and called for help, he told police. Two arriving customers helped the employee confront the robbers. The suspect with the gun struck one of the patrons in the face with it, shattering what was later found to be a pellet gun into pieces.
The suspects fled on foot on East Henry Street with an undetermined amount of cash from the register. The patron was treated at the scene by the Linden Emergency Squad and take to Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at Rahway for further evaluation.
Police are looking for three suspects, all black men in their late teens to early 20s. One is 6-feet tall and the other two are approximately 5-feet, 8-inches. Two used gray t-shirts to cover their faces, while the third used a black and red rag.
Detectives are reviewing surveillance footage to determine if this latest incident is related to a series of other convenience store robberies.
Authorities are asking anyone with information on this or any of the robberies to contact Det. David Dehler or Det. Andrew Spano at 1-908-474-8537 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!