STATE — The New Jersey Education Association’s 125-member political action committee has voted to endorse seven incumbents in the general Congressional elections and Assemblywoman Linda Greenstein (D) for the open Senate seat vacated by former State Senator Bill Baroni (Mercer, Middlesex).
“NJEA is as committed as ever to endorsing and electing pro-public education candidates,” said NJEA President Barbara Keshishian. “Each of our endorsed candidates has distinguished himself or herself by advocating for great public schools, public school employees, and for the 1.4 million New Jersey schoolchildren our members educate.”
NJEA PAC voted on the recommendations of local interview teams from each congressional district. Those endorsements are:
- CD-1: Rep. Rob Andrews (D)
- CD-2: No Endorsement
- CD-3: Rep. John Adler (D)
- CD-4: No Endorsement
- CD-5: No Endorsement
- CD-6: Rep. Frank Pallone, Jr. (D)
- CD-7: No Endorsement
- CD-8: Rep. Bill Pascrell, Jr. (D)
- CD-9: Rep. Steven Rothman (D)
- CD-10: Rep. Donald Payne (D)
- CD-11: Pending Screening
- CD-12: Rep. Rush Holt (D)
- CD-13: No Endorsement
- LD-5: No Endorsements for Senate and Assembly seats
- LD-14: Assemblywoman Linda Greenstein (D) for open Senate seat
The New Jersey Education Association represents more than 200,000 teachers, certificated staff, educational support professionals, and retired members.
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!