STATE — On Saturday, August 7, NJ TRANSIT buses will replace trains on the Raritan Valley Line between Cranford Station and Newark Penn Station to allow for railroad tie replacement work.
Trains will operate between Raritan and Cranford only. Shuttle buses will be provided between Cranford, Newark and the intermediate stations of Roselle Park and Union. Bus service will operate all day Saturday from 6 a.m. until 1:30 a.m. Customers are encouraged to allow additional travel time.
Normal rail service will resume with the first scheduled trains on Sunday, August 8.
Shuttle Bus Service
- To Newark: Eastbound express buses to Newark Penn Station will depart Cranford shortly after the arrival of each train. Additional local buses will depart Roselle Park and Union stations following the train schedule.
- From Newark: Westbound buses will depart Newark Penn Station at :38 after each hour from 7:38 a.m. until 11:38 p.m. (The final bus departure of the day will be 1:28 a.m.)
- Westbound trains from Cranford will wait for arriving buses. As a result, westbound Raritan Valley Line trains may operate about 20 minutes later than scheduled.
Alternate Travel Options
- Northeast Corridor Rail Service: Raritan Valley Line customers may wish to travel via the Northeast Corridor instead. On weekends, parking is available at New Brunswick, Edison, Metuchen, Metropark and Linden stations.
- Bus Service: NJ TRANSIT bus route nos. 26, 52 and 113 will honor Raritan Valley Line tickets and passes.
- Union Station customers may use bus route nos. 26 or 52 to travel to/from Elizabeth for alternate Northeast Corridor service.
- Customers from Cranford and points west may use bus route no. 113 for service to/from the Port Authority Bus Terminal in New York.
Photo credit: Ken (njt4148)
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!