CLARK — The Township of Clark Health and Police Departments have received calls regarding coyote sightings, according to township officials.
Officials advised residents to:
- Put garbage in tightly closed containers that cannot be tipped over.
- Remove outside sources of water.
- Bring pets in at night.
- Put bird feeders away at night to avoid attracting rodents and other animals that coyotes prey on.
- Pick up and discard of fallen fruit from fruit trees, vegetables from gardens, etc.
- Monitor and supervise children when outdoors at all times.
- Install motion detection lighting around the house.
- Clear brush and dense weeds from around dwellings.
Do not feed coyotes, stray cats or other outside animals as the food can attract the coyote.
Residents are encouraged to report coyote sightings to the Clark Police Department non-emergency number at 1-732-388-3434 AND NJ Fish, Game and Wildlife at 1-908-735-8793
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!