NEWARK — Beginning Monday, July 12 and continuing through Monday, Sept. 6, NJ TRANSIT will perform bridge repair work on Smith Street Bridge over the North Jersey Coast Line at Perth Amboy Station.
While the bridge will remain open to vehicles and pedestrians, the travel lanes will be narrowed. As a result, NJ TRANSIT buses will not be able to travel over the bridge and will operate on a detour during the construction period.
NJ TRANSIT is advising customers who travel on the Nos. 62, 116, 813, 815 and 817 bus routes of the following service impacts:
– All Smith Street buses will be detoured onto Market Street (one block south of Smith Street). Temporary bus stops will be established eastbound and westbound on Market Street between State Street and Oak Street.
– All bus stops on Smith Street between High Street and Elm Street will be out of service during the construction period. The following six bus stops will be out of service:
- Smith Street at Elm Street
- Smith Street at Maple Street
- Smith Street at Madison Avenue
- Smith Street at High Street
- Smith Street at New Brunswick Avenue
- Smith Street at State Street
Customers may visit njtransit.com or call 1-973-275-5555 to contact NJ TRANSIT for further information.
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!