NEW BRUNSWICK – New Jersey Blood Services, a division of the New York Blood Center, is scheduled to hold more than 30 blood drives between now and July 18 as part of Music Saves Lives, a youth culture program of music, entertainment and lifesaving causes. Donors at Music Saves Lives blood drives will receive a voucher for a VIP pass which enables them to attend special meet and greet sessions at Vans Warped Tour concerts at the venue of their choice.
Regional Vans Warped Tour concert stops include Darien Lake PAC, Darien Center, N.Y. (July 14), Scranton, Pa., (July 15); Camden (July 16) and Oceanport (July 18); Uniondale, N.Y. (July 17); and Columbia, Md. (July 20). The meet and greet sessions are conducted exclusively for blood donors and provide a unique opportunity for participants to meet band members from the Vans Warped Tour concert.
Local blood drives are scheduled at:
- Clark Volunteer Emergency Squad, 875 Raritan Road, Clark on June 24 from 1:30-7:30 p.m.
- New Jersey Blood Services, 167 New Street, New Brunswick on June 24 from 2-8 p.m.
- What’s the Scoop, 410 Main Street, Metuchen on June 25 from 2-8 p.m.
- Masons Lafayette Lodge, 1550 Irving Street, Rahway on June 26 from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Menlo Park Mall, 100 Menlo Park Drive, Edison on July 3 from 1- 7 p.m.
- Woodbridge Center Mall, Center Drive, 250 Woodbridge Center Drive, Woodbridge on July 9 from 2-8 p.m.
- Jersey Gardens Mall, 651 Kapkowski Road, Elizabeth on July 10 from 12:30-6:30 p.m. and July 11 from 11:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Brunswick Square Mall, Rt. 18 South, East Brunswick on July 13 from 2-8 p.m.
Approximately twenty-five percent of the nation’s blood supply comes from high school and college students. Traditionally, this number drops during summer due to recess. Music Saves Lives has generated more than 65,000 summer blood donations, lowering the number of hospital postponed surgical procedures.
Music Saves Lives’ goal is to reach 100,000 blood donations nationwide for the summer of 2010. You can help by organizing a blood drive in your community.
This special series of blood drives will be held by New Jersey Blood Services on the dates and times listed below. For more information or to schedule a blood donation appointment, visit www.nybloodcenter.org or call toll free 1-800-933-2566.
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!