EDISON — The Edison Chamber of Commerce’s annual awards event will be held June 15 at the Pines Manor starting with a reception at 5:30 p.m. Edison’s unsung heroes and companies will be honored for their civic and corporate citizenship and achievements.
- Outstanding Business – Green Award – Bayshore Recycling Corporation
- Outstanding Business – Accelerated Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation
- Outstanding Organization – Community Action Reaches Everyone (C.A.R.E.)
- Outstanding Entrepreneur - Sneh Mehtani, The Mehtani Restaurant Group
- Outstanding Educator – Dr. William Cahill, Edison High School
- Citizen of the Year – Jacqueline H. Goedesky, Hands for Hope for the Community
- Chamber Member of the Year – Janet Baio, Pines Manor
- Annamae Baerenbach Business Scholarship Award - Bill Leung, Middlesex County College
The Edison Chamber of Commerce’s General Membership Meeting will be held in conjunction with the Annual Awards event on June 15th. A brief Chamber overview will be presented by Jane Walsh, chairman of the board. The chamber officers and new board members will be inducted by Edison Mayor Toni Ricigliano. The program will begin at 6:30 and end about 8:30 p.m.
The new elected officers are:
- Chairman of the Board – Jane Walsh, Branch Manager, Columbia Bank
- First Vice Chair – Lawrence Cohen, President, International Technidyne Corporation
- Second Vice Chair – Don Ford, General Manager, Simon Property/Menlo Park Mall
- Secretary – Brian Legg, President, Creative Design Plus
- Treasurer – Kevin Douglass, CPA, Audit Manager, Amper, Politziner & Mattia, PC
- Immediate Past Chr. – Tom Casey, VP Public Relations, JFK Medical Center
The directors elected for a second term are Cindi Crane, Branch Manager, Metuchen-Edison YMCA, and Joe Coyle.
The newly elected directors are:
- Jean McDonnell, VP Commercial Lender, New Millennium Bank
- Allan Ramsay, VP Property Management, Heller Industrial Parks
- Robert Karabinchak, President, Tri Form Construction
- Carl Rathemacher, VP Major Accounts, Modern Group Limited
- Butch Wade, Dir. Business Development, Bayshore Recycling Corp
- Joseph Albanese, VP Finance, Dr. Leonard’s Health Care
- Ira Cohen, Partner & Profitability Consultant, Eisner & Lubin
- John Coll, Manager Bus. Dev. Express Employment Professionals
- Dorinda Luz, President, The Luz Group/ReMax, and
- Mary Testa, Human Resource Director, ADS Logistics System
Tickets may be purchased online or at the office with a credit card at $85 per person, or with a check, payable to the Edison Chamber of Commerce, 336 Raritan Center Parkway, Edison, NJ 08837. For more information, call Edison Chamber of Commerce at 732-738-9482 or visit www.edisonchamber.com.
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!