FRANKLIN LAKES – Former New York Mets and New York Yankees pitcher Dwight Gooden was charged with DWI yesterday morning, following a two-car accident in Franklin Lakes.
According to the official police press release first published by Deadspin.com, Gooden was charged with the following:
- Under the Influence of a Controlled Dangerous Substance
- Endangering the Welfare of a Child
- Driving While Under the Influence of Drugs
- DWI with a Child Passenger
- Leaving the Scene of a Motor Vehicle Accident
- Reckless Driving
- Failure to Keep Right
- Failure to Notify Change of Address regarding driver’s license
Gooden, 45, was released on his own recognizance.