WESTFIELD—Director John Correll of Westfield Community Players is holding open auditions for Ray Cooney’s comedy “Caught in the Net” on Monday, Feb. 22, and Wednesday, Feb. 24, at 7 p.m. in the Westfield Community Players theater at 1000 North Avenue West, Westfield.
Play rehearsals will start in March for performances on May 8, 16, 21, and 22, 2010 at 8 p.m. with a Sunday matinee on May 16 at 3 p.m.
This follow-up to the highly successful “Run for Your Wife,” has our cab driver father frantically trying to keep his children from his two families separate. It seems they have met on the internet, and struck by the similarities of their families, are anxious to meet. For copies of the script, call 1-908-232-8934.
Cast requirements are as follows:
- John Smith: A somewhat ordinary, but cheery man in his forties. The actor must be able to handle a lot of physical comedy
- Stanley Gardner: A more ordinary man in his forties. A “good soul” but not very bright. The actor must be able to handle a lot of physical comedy
- Barbara Smith: John’s wife, very lovely looking woman, 40s
- Mary Smith: Also John’s wife, very lovely looking women, 40s
- Gavin Smith: John and Barbara’s son, a good-looking young man, about 16 years old
- Vicki Smith: John & Mary’s daughter, a good-looking young woman of about 15 years old
- Dad: Stanley’s father, fluctuates between being senile, alert and ornery, 80s
All actors must be able to handle at least some physical comedy, have good comic timing and be able to affect a British accent.
Visit www.westfieldcommunityplayers.org for additional details.
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!