WOODBRIDGE – The Township Department of Health & Human Services will administer H1N1 flu vaccine to Woodbridge Township public school students in elementary, middle school and high school at designated clinics beginning tomorrow.
Vaccination clinics for elementary and middle school students will be held at the Woodbridge Health Center, 2 George Frederick Plaza, Woodbridge. H1N1 vaccine will be administered to high school students at their respective schools.
Woodbridge Township Health Director Dennis Green noted that the Health Department has received its full request of 14,000 doses of H1N1 vaccine. The H1N1 vaccination program is voluntary. Parents must complete a consent form and accompany elementary and middle school children to the Health Department clinics. There is no charge for the vaccination.
Additional information regarding the Woodbridge Township H1N1 vaccination program is available via the Woodbridge Township web page, www.twp.woodbridge.nj.us, or by calling the Woodbridge Township Department of Health & Human Servicers at 1-732-855-0600 x5010.
H1N1 vaccination clinics will be held on the following dates:
• Friday, Dec. 11 from 3:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Woodbridge Health Center – for students of Fords Middle School, Menlo Park Terrace School #19, Woodbine Avenue School #23, Lafayette Estates School #25 and Matthew Jago School #28
• Monday, Dec. 14 from 3:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Woodbridge Health Center – for students of Colonia Middle School, Woodbridge Middle School, Avenel Street School #4/5, Claremont Avenue School #20, Lynn Crest School #22 and Pennsylvania Avenue School #27
• Tuesday, Dec. 15 from 3:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Woodbridge Health Center – for students of Iselin Middle School, Avenel Middle School, Ross Street School #11, Indiana Avenue School #18 and Kennedy Park School #24
• Wednesday, Dec. 16 – H1N1 vaccine will be administered at Woodbridge High School during the school day
• Thursday, Dec. 17 – H1N1 vaccine will be administered at John F. Kennedy High School during the school day
• Friday, Dec. 18 – H1N1 vaccine will be administered at Colonia High School during the school day
The Woodbridge Township Department of Health & Human Services previously administered H1N1 flu vaccine to students attending Mawbey Street School #1; Port Reading School #9; Ford Avenue School #14; Oak Ridge Heights School #21; and Robert Mascenik School #26. Students from those schools who did not receive the vaccine should contact the Health Department at 1-732-855-0600 x5010 to arrange for the vaccination.
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!