WOODBRIDGE—Mayor John E. McCormac announced the kick-off of Woodbridge Township’s 2009 “Season of Giving” holiday food drive last week.
“More than ever, we are seeking food donations for Woodbridge Township food pantries that provide for the hungry every day throughout the year,” said McCormac. “This holiday season, we’ve set a goal to collect at least 10,000 pounds of non-perishable food through the ‘Season of Giving’ holiday food drive – food that will be immediately distributed by our local food pantries to township residents that truly need the supplies. I would like to once again encourage our always generous township residents to donate a can… or two… or three… of non-perishable foods to help neighbors and families experience a healthier and happier holiday as they attend Township holiday events.”
This year, there will be food collection containers at every holiday event.
• Friday, Dec. 4 – Official Woodbridge Township tree-lighting ceremony and holiday reception at The Barron Arts Center at 5 p.m.
• Saturday, Dec. 5 – Holiday Stroll & Sleigh Ride on Main Street from 1 to 4 p.m.
- Woodbridge Community Choir Holiday Sing-A-Long at the First Presbyterian Church of Woodbridge, 600 Rahway Avenue, at 7:30 p.m.
• Sunday, Dec. 6 – 49th Annual Woodbridge Township Holiday Parade on Main Street at 1:30 p.m.
• Wednesday, Dec. 9 – Poets Wednesday Holiday party at The Barron Arts Center at 8 p.m.
• Friday, Dec. 11 – Holiday concert featuring “The Singing Pastors” at the First Baptist Church of Woodbridge, 130 Sewaren Avenue at 8 p.m. (Call 1-732-634-0413 for tickets and reservations)
• Saturday, Dec. 12 – Meet Santa at the Woodbridge Community Center at 10 a.m.
Residents can also drop off non-perishable foods any weekday at the Woodbridge Township Health Center, 2 George Frederick Plaza; Woodbridge Town Hall, 1 Main Street; the Woodbridge Library, 1 George Frederick Plaza; or at the Woodbridge Community Center, 600 Main Street, anytime between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!