MIDDLESEX COUNTY – Six artists over the age of 60 from Middlesex County were named winners in the New Jersey Seniors Art Show this year.
Their works and the work from other county senior professional and non-professional artists, who participated in the state art show, are currently on display at Meadows Lakes at 300 Meadow Lane in East Windsor. The show is open to the public from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday until Oct. 29.
“We are proud of all our senior artists and are lucky to have such a wealth of talent in Middlesex County,” said Freeholder Blanquita B. Valenti, chairwoman of the County’s Human Services and Aging Committee.
“It is nice to see our talented senior artists get the recognition they deserve,” said Freeholder Director Stephen J. “Pete” Dalina. “I congratulate our local winners and hope that they continue to compete in future county and state events.”
County residents who won at the state level are:
- Dan Choman of South Brunswick – Second Place, non-professional mixed media
- Jules Weber of Port Reading – Honorable Mention, professional oil
- Harvey Levine of Edison – Honorable Mention, professional photography
- Sheldon Berman of Monroe Township – Honorable Mention, non-professional craft
- Irwin Montlack of Monroe Township – Honorable Mention, non-professional oil
- Grace Chiarella of Kendall Park – Honorable Mention, non-professional watercolor
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!