RAHWAY – A fire severely damaged a one-story ranch house on Terrance Street Saturday, displacing the family that lived there according to fire officials.
Firefighters responded to a two-alarm firm that was reported at 11:44 a.m. on Saturday, Aug. 22, officials said. Battalion Fire Chief Chester Kolesa said that the fire started in the rear of the house on an attached porch that was used as a family room, then extended into the kitchen and attic.
Firefighters had the blaze under control by 12:25 p.m., but there was heat and smoke damage throughout the home, which was deemed uninhabitable, according to Kolesa.
Four people lived in the residence and not injured. Authorities believed the cause of the fire was electrical and it was not believed to be suspicious.
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!