RAHWAY—On Friday, Oct. 24, the YMCA of Eastern Union County, Rahway Branch will be having “Halloween at the Y.” From 7-9 p.m., wear your costume and participate in games, activities, dancing, pumpkin decorating, arts and crafts and healthy snacks.
Attendees should also bring a family photograph to make a Halloween family pictures to take home! The Halloween event is open to members of the YMCA; just show your ID card. Non-members must accompany a member of the YMCA and pay a nominal guest fee. Everyone must RSVP in advance.
Also, the YMCA of Eastern Union County suggests considering these precautions before heading to the Y or trick-or-treating in the neighborhood:
12 YMCA Tips for a Safer Halloween
- Wear light-colored costumes with labels indicating ‘flame retardant’
- Wear shorter costumes to prevent tripping
- Add reflective tape or striping to costumes for greater visibility
- Use face make-up instead of hoods or masks that obscure the face and vision
- Take younger children door-to-door in daylight hours
- Carry a working flashlight
- Trick-or-treat within your neighborhood, only to homes you know
- Remind children: never enter homes and accept no rides from strangers
- Be alert to auto traffic, crossing safely, according to rules
- Have parents or other adults inspect treats
- Check your lawn and steps for tripping hazards
- This year, strengthen family! Celebrate Halloween together as enjoyable, quality time.
To RSVP and for more information about “Halloween at the YMCA” festivities at the Rahway Branch, contact Keisha Griffin at 732-388-0057