UNION COUNTY—The Union County Board of Chosen Freeholders and the Commission on the Status of Women will honor eight women at the 16th Annual Women of Excellence Awards dinner on Friday, March 28 at the Westwood in Garwood.
“The Women of Excellence Awards Dinner is an opportunity to highlight the work of exceptional women who selflessly serve the community,” said Freeholder Chairman Angel G. Estrada. “These women are chosen by their peers and are recognized as community leaders and role models for our future leaders.”
Sponsored by The Union County Board of Chosen Freeholders, the commission honors women who have distinguished themselves in one or more of the following categories: Education, Higher Education, Health Care, Arts, Government, Business, Law, Community Service, Humanitarianism, Public Service and Lifetime Achievement.
The following women will be honored:
• Angela Garretson, Hillside, Women & Children’s Advocacy
• Susan Groning, Garwood, Community Service
• Cynthia Ladas, Mountainside, Volunteerism
• Karen Lukenda, Linden, Community Health
• Versie McNeil, Union, Education
• Sharon Robinson-Briggs, Plainfield, Municipal Government
• Joan Wheeler, Fanwood, Lifetime Achievement in the Medical Community
• Laddie Wyatt, Plainfield, Lifetime Achievement in Municipal Government
The 16th Annual Union County Women of Excellence honoree dinner will be held on Friday, March 28, at 6:30 p.m. at The Westwood, 438 North Avenue in Garwood.
Tickets to the dinner are $45 per person and must be purchased in advance. For more information, call Madeline Brigantino at 908-527-4100.
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!